What is Power Music format?
Songs purchased from Power Music Store are in Power Music format, designed for on-screen music display.
The philosophy behind Power Music is…. No more paper!
No more heavy music books, ring binders and folders of paper. Store everything in your computer or iOS device then display on-screen for practice and performance.
In the Power Music Store you can purchase high quality music to be used in Power Music Professional (Windows), Power Music Essentials (Windows), Power Music Mac, and Power Music App (iOS). Power Music Essentials, Mac and App are FREE for use with purchased songs. Read more about Power Music
A Power Music song is a "container" for the following information:
- Sheet music – multiple pages
- Chord sheet
- Performance notes and annotations
- Category and index information (meta data), where relevant:
(titles, first line, tempo, key, artist/composer, copyright owner, Bible references)
Once purchased, the songs are immediately ready for download to your PC, Mac or iPad running the Power Music software.
There are two ways to purchase songs in the Power Music Store.
- Buy a virtual songbook: To see the list of songs contained in a virtual songbook click on the ‘Songbook’ name, or in the Advanced search choose the songbook name in the drop down list and click Search.
- Buy an individual song: Only certain pieces are available to purchase individually.
As soon as the purchase of a song or virtual songbook has been completed, they are available in My Box – your personal Power Music Box storage area. Simply log in to My Box from your Power Music software and download the songs to your device.
Search for a song
There is a simple Search box at the top of the Power Music Store search page. In this box you can type (any part of) - the song title, author, first line, category, copyright holder, song book name or publisher - and click the 'search' button to find matching songs.
When you have found the required song, click on the ‘Preview’ link to see a pop-up thumbnail of the piece, click on the ‘Songbook’ name to see details of the songbook, or click on the ‘Publisher’ name to be taken to their product page. When you are ready to order, click the 'Basket' icon on the right-hand side to add it to your basket.
The Advanced search (accessed by clicking the Advance search link) allows you to specify details in all the fields detailed above. In addition you can select a ‘Genre’ and search for any words in the lyrics of the song.
Browse Virtual Songbooks
By selecting a ‘Genre’ from the drop-down list you can browse the list of virtual songbooks. As before, clicking any link will give further information.
Each page has a ‘Back to search’ link to return you to the Power Music Store search page.
- You must be logged in to your Power Music Box account to add songs to your basket.
- Certain songs are only available in virtual songbooks and cannot be purchased separately.
- There may be restrictions on buying some songs depending on your country of residence.
- A copy of Power Music Professional, Power Music Essentials, Power Music Mac, Power Music Reader or the Power Music App is required to use songs purchased from the Power Music Store.